Dyed hair and feeling nauseated with bad headache. Feels like poison in body. What to do?

Jun 2015

I dyed my hair two days ago and now feel nauseated with a bad headache ever since. I do not have the flu. I do not have a cold. It feels like poison is in my body. I have dyed my hair many times before without this problem. I already know about PPDs in hair XXXXXXX Is my sickness related to dying my hair and what can I do? I'm so sick I've missed two days of work. I have washed my hair ever day since Sunday in hopes if feeling better.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mellissa,

Symptomatic relief from nausea & headache can be obtained by taking anti emetics like Domperidone (to be taken 30 min before food twice a day) & analgesics like Paracetamol or Ibuprofen (Advil) to be taken after food.

An allergic reaction reaction to PPDs in hair XXXXXXX can be suspected if you have changed the brand of XXXXXXX to one containing PPDs (as in your post you give history of dying hair before without any problem)
Management involves antihistamines like Allegra & corticosteroids, to be taken under the guidance of a Physician.

If your sickness is related to dying of hair, then it will resolve with symptomatic management & rest only.
But if the symptoms still persist, kindly visit your General Physician & get proper clinical examination done to rule out other causes like Migraine, Cluster headache, Tension headache, etc,

In your post, you have not mentioned about any systemic illness like Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypo/Hyperthyroidism.
Under such circumstances, investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels and Thyroid profile will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.