Due to side effects of tinidazole, had swelling in penis. Had abrasion after sex and discharging pus. Suggest?

Question
HI, I am 33, due to side effects of some anti-biotic tinidazole, my Penis skin got some swelling. Next day, had sex, and it got some abrasion. Next day it became painful and started discharging Pus.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid Tinidazole for-ever

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The tinidazole causes fixed drug reaction in some patients to result in balanoposthitis that is swelling and excoriation at glans and prepuce.
The side effect may be very serious and the drug should be avoided by you for life. Always tell the clinician that you have allergy to Tinidazole.
you should review to a local dermatologist and get oral antibiotics prescribed and start applying Tenovate_GM/betnovate-GM twice a day till it is fully healed.
Avoid sexual activity till it heals. also use condoms for initial period.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!