Dry skin, boils on face, pus-filled, leaves black mark. Do people with dry skin get pimples?

Hello Doctor,

I do not know whether to name them as pimple or acne. I have a dry skin and i used to get boils kind of thing only in my Forehead, Nose and Chin. And i suffer from this only for the past 2 years.

From few boils, a white thing will come out and from few nothing comes out. It will not break at all but will go in and leaves a black XXXXXXX

People with dry skin too get pimple/acne? Why is it coming only in my forehead, nose and Chin?. What can be the home remedies to prevent it from coming?

The dark spots it leaves makes my face looks unfair. Please help me to get rid of it through diet and home remedies.

Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 26 minutes later

thanks for writing in.

This is a common problem.

People who have a dry skin do tend to have oiliness in the T-Zone. (forhead, nose and chin) and thus acne keeps on coming.

Home remedies are very mild and may not be that effective. WHy dont you want to use medicines? These are only creams and have no side effects as such.

Anyways, you may apply fresh aloevera extract and haldi on active lesions.

For the marks you may mashed potatoes mixed in coconut water,.This will gradually decrease the pigmentation.
AHve a balanced healthy diet and take plenty of oral fluids.

I hope I have answered your query..feel free to ask any further questions
Follow-up: Dry skin, boils on face, pus-filled, leaves black mark. Do people with dry skin get pimples? 7 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor for your answer.

I am in chennai. Could you please refer me a dermatologist in chennai?
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 minutes later
Yes. you may see Dr XXXXXXX Yesudian in Chennai. He is one of the finest dermatologists of India.