Dry, scaly, flaky area just below tailbone. What could be the cause?

I am interested to know what is causing a dry, scaly, flaky area just below my tailbone. It doesn't itch, but the area is very dry and "thick" to the touch. I've never had a problem like this before, and even though it doesn't hurt, it is very annoying...not to mention very embarrassing to discuss.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Do not panic.
Apply a good quality moisturizer thrice daily for 15 days.Keep the area area very clean.
Take lots of fluids.If the skin has become thick use a salicylic acid cream locally for 10 days first.
If the problem persists consult a dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.