Dry blotchy skin rashes spreading on the body, stuffy nose. Medication?

Hi, my son is 8 and for the past 2 weeks has a dry blotchy skin rash which appears to be spreading rather than disappearing which I thought it would have. Some are very small blotches and others are larger. He says they are not itchy. For about 2 or 3 days he has had a sniffly nose. There doesn't appear to be any other symptoms.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 5 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Rashes are of various types and verbal description is always inadequate. If possible attach a photograph of the same for detailed response.

Blotchy rashes often are hives, even if they do not itch, unless treated with steroids or antihistaminics they may not reduce.

Long standing blotchy rashes can be related to fungal infections.

Please upload the photograph of the rash so that I can suggest better. You have an option on the right hand side of the page where in you can upload the images. Otherwise you can also mail them to me at YYYY@YYYY , with the subject line reading "ATTENTION TO DR.SANTHOSH".

I hope this answers your query, do write back with the photo of the rash.

Awaiting you response.