Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could it be a sign of cancer?

The skin on both of my elbows and knees is scaly and dry. It occasionaly cracks. I apply lotion regularly and it helps, but could this can be a sign for cancer? If so what kind and are there any other signs to look for with this?
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 18 days later
Welcome to healthcare magic
I wanted some details about the dry areas. According to the description only your elbows and knees are dry, scaly and fissured. Do you have dryness elsewhere or only here ?
Do you have any family history of psoriasis ?
Do you have any scaling over scalp or increased dandruff?
Do you have any discolored disfigured nails?
I can think of quite a few conditions which can occur over these sites like Psoriasis, Phrynoderma, Lichen spinulosis, Pityriasis rubra pilaris, Keratosis pilaris etc.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.
Do not worry about Skin cancer as from the description it seems unlikely to be any cancer.

Waiting for details from you. Take care