Dry and numb upper lip, red rim around the top of upper lip. What do you suggest?

the top rim of my upper lip is very dry and almost feels numb. What do you suggest I apply? tnhere is a red rim around the top of my upper lip.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 58 minutes later

I think that is senile dry skin or just a manifestation of your known problem of dermatitis.

For senile dry skin the emollient creams are available in market, you can use them twice or more frequently according to the comfort.

But if there is redness and swelling with scales then it is part of Dermatitis and again you need to apply a cream but with contents of emollients and topical steroid combination e.g. SIGMACORT.

Avoid exposure to direct sunlight in either case.

If you still have a problem at end of a week after use, you should consult a Dermatologist personally.

I hope that answers your query. Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.