Dose canesten suppository lead to bleeding or discharge?

May 2013
Dose canesten suppository lead to bleeding or discharge??
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Canesten suppository contains clotrimazole which is generally used to treat yeast infections like candidiasis etc.

Usually candidiasis can cause itching, curdy white discharge etc.
So because of itching if the person scratches or because of the congestion caused by infection sometimes spotting can be seen.
In this point of view your symptoms could be because of infection.

Canesten also can cause vaginal itching, irritation, redness etc.
Vaginal bleeding is a rare but serious side effect of it.
So if your are having vaginal bleeding, blistering etc better to consult your doctor early.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.