Done with MRI test. Having disc desiccation, compression on thesal sac and intended nerve root. Medication?

After MRI testing the report has told "Early disc desiccation with central disc protrusion noted at L4/5 and L5/SI levels causing compression on thecal sac and mild indentation on bilateral nerve roots (Left > Right) in lateral races (Spinal canal diameter at L4/5 ~ 9.4mm & L5/SI ~ 7.8mm) XXXXXXX
Please help me to find the medication of this disease.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
The MRI report is indicative of mild compression of the nerves in the spine which is causing pain during activities requiring forward bending. The treatment includes medications to reduce neuropathic pain (like duloxetine which she is already taking). Apart from that physiotherapy to strengthen back muscles is also required. During increased pain hot fomentation, application of ointments etc gives relief. Since problem is mild, surgery is not indicated at this stage. There is no medication to reverse disc protrusion and this protrusion may heal on its own over few months.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, I will be happy to answer.
good luck.
Follow-up: Done with MRI test. Having disc desiccation, compression on thesal sac and intended nerve root. Medication? 12 hours later
The MRI Report of right Shoulder of my mother age 46/F:
Sequences - MRI of right shoulder done by using SE T, T2 and FAT SATsequences in oblique, axial and coronal plane.

Study shows - Minimal joint effusion is noted.

She always gets pain in right elbow (to hand). Sometimes it becomes severe. That moment she takes some steroids.
Please suggest me what should be the proper medication for this?
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 12 hours later
Probably your mother has orthopedic problem. Kindly put it up as a separate question to orthopedician.
Good luck.