Ask a Urologist   »  

Done urine analysis, turbid appearance, no sugar, no cast, no crystal. Interpretation?

hi doctor, i just did my urine analysis, report shows Appearance: turbid, PH 5.5 ,Albumin: nil, Sugar: Nil Pus Cells: 8-10, RBC: 4-5 Epithelian Cells 10-15 Mucus: Nil, Bacteria ++ Cast: Nil, crystal: Nil, pleae advise what does my report means, is it something serious to worry about as i am un married
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 29 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

Your urine examination does not show entirely normal findings, obviously the presence of acidic urine, turbidity, pus cells, blood cells and bacteria indicate that UTI) has indeed occurred. You have to know that UTIs are common in women than men. And many UTIs (about 50%) subside on their own.

Bacteria ++ indicates > 100-1000 cells/cubic mm, again a lab centric feature.

One should correlate this test with your clinical condition, and then start appropriate treatment with antibiotics and other medicines. Your referring doctor would take care of that.

If it is very recent finding, then I don't believe you have any reason to worry about, rather put in that effort to be very prompt in visiting the doctor.

Don't worry, your marital status is again not a cause to worry about at this point of time.

Hope Ii have answered your query.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations as you prepare to make decision regarding future care, you should not hesitate to write me again.

Follow-up: Done urine analysis, turbid appearance, no sugar, no cast, no crystal. Interpretation? 16 minutes later
thanks Doctor, but i have still questions to ask about
Epithelial Cells :-10-15 can you please clarify what is this about, as i googled and found out that it may effect my uterus or kidney, it is way above the normal range.
Also Pus Cells: 8-10 is it something to worry, does it means that i have some swellings somewhere in my abdomen
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 3 hours later

Thanks again.

Epithelial cells - It depends which type of cells are present, for instance if vaginal epithelium, then it is normal, squamous then again pathological, transitional is normal...and so on. So, one decides on the basis of type of epithelial cells found. "Their presence always does not mean a condition".

Pus cells - or White blood cells, normal values are upto 5 in men and upto 10 in women. Their presence can mean either acute or chronic urinary infection.

They do not mean any swelling anywhere in the abdomen directly.

Hope it is clear now.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Done urine analysis, turbid appearance, no sugar, no cast, no crystal. Interpretation? 23 hours later
thank you doctor, that really clears my answer.

I did a Radiology/ sonography test of Abdomen and Pelvis, understand from my report and as told by the doctor, the impression shows UTERINE FIBROID

Report shows below:
UTERUS: Uterus is anteverted, measures 9.2x.7x6.2cm and shows 73.0x74mm sized hypoechoic large fibroid involving posteromid myometrium with exophytic extension. The endormetrial ehoes are unremarkabale and leausre 9.2mm

As said i am not married yet, doctor who diagonised me suggested not to get the surgery done now as i am not married and it may affect my uterus, and rather plan to get married soon and do the surgery when i will be pregnant

want to know the measurement shows is how serious and will it create some problem for me tomorrow after marriage to be pregnant.

I do not have any symptons so far like, problem at the time of passing urine nor excess bleeding at the time of periods, only pain was is in my lower abdomen.

Looking forward for your reply, thanks once again for being such a great help
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 28 minutes later

Thanks for the continued feedback and query.

You indeed seem to be in good hands of your doctor, who rightly has asked you to wait and watch till you get pregnant after marriage. I agree with your doctor here.

Regarding the size of your fibroid, it is no doubt large as per reports, but most importantly you should be happy that uterine fibroids mostly are benign in nature and can be cleared to a great extent by surgery. They do not pose any major problem to you getting pregnant. Hence your doctor has suggested to get them removed after an appropriate time.

Just believe your doctor, because you have been assessed in total before the said advice. Get on with life now.

Hope my answers are helpful and assuring.

Wish you good health.