Done tummy tuck. Nerve twitching in arm, bicep muscle weakness, thumb numbness. Permanent issue?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi, i had a tummy tuck operation on friday and since then I have nerve twitching in my left arm and some bicep muscle weakness as well as a sort of numbness (feels like frostbite) in my left thumb. the sugeon says is was most likely due to being in a certain elevated position during the procedure. its day 3 now, should I be concerned about any more permanent issue?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 48 minutes later
The nerve twitching and muscle weakness in the arm is likely to be due to a temporary nerve stretching due to an abnormal arm position during the surgery.
This is a temporary change and the nerve is likely to recover in 7-10 days without any treatment.
Please do not worry. It is not likely to produce any long term damage to your nerves.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.