Done tread mill test, asked to do 320 Slice CTCoronary angiogram. Is it necessary to undergo this test?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I recently undergone Tread Mill Stress Test. Following is the result of the test.
Cardiac stress analysis is mild positive for inducible myocardial ischaemia at good work load and 93% of maximum heart rate response.
I have been asked to undergo 320 Slice CT Coronary angiogram. Is it necessary to undergo this test? I am also under the Losar H medication. Please let me know if I should continue my pressure tablets and also go for the CT.

Following are my lipid profile and liver functionality test results.

Bilirubin Total(Diazo) - 0.9 mg/dl,
ALP(Alkaline Phosphatase) (DEA - Buffer) - 127 IU/L
Serum Total protein (BIURET) - 6.8 G/dl
Serum Albumin (BCG) - 4.8 G/dl
Serum Globulin - 2.0 G/dl
Total Cholestrol (CHO - PAP) - 138 mg/dl
HDL Cholesterol (Direct) - 33 mg/dl
LDL Cholesterol (Direct) - 60 mg/dl
Triglycerides(GPO) - 221 mg/dl
Ratio = Total Cholesterol / HDL Cholesterol - 4.2

Following are the medications prescribed.
Losar H , T- Concor, Carbophage, Tonact ASP 75

Could you please check the results and let me know if I need to take any precaution in food habit or if I need to take further tests. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 6 hours later
Hello ,
Your stress tests does show a risk of heart attack in future and you are already on hypertension medication so your doctor is right in advising you the ct scan which can demonstrate any blockage in your coronary arteries so that necessary intervention like stenting or angioplasty can be undertaken if and when required.
I would advise you to continue your antihypertensive medicines as per your doctor s prescription and get regular blood pressure check ups for dose adjustment by your treating physician.

Your liver enzymes show mild elevation from normal range and can be due to obesity or diabetes or effect of medications or a liver pathology.To confirm a clinical evaluation by your doctor might be required.
Your lipid profile results are also mildly raised than normal and so lipid lowering medicine like Tonact has been started by your doctor.
You definitely need to change your diet and lifestyle like including a healthy low fat balanced diet and atleast half an hour of mild exercise or yoga.
Try to avoid the following foods:
Oily XXXXXXX fried or processed foods, large meals with more carbohydrate like rice, potatoes, sugar etc., dairy products like ghee, cheese, paneer. Caffeinated products like coffee, tea.
Artificial fruit drinks, colas or alcohol.

Try to eat five small meals at regular intervals having plenty of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fibre XXXXXXX pulses.

For best result you should consult your physician who can refer you to a nutritionist or dietician for proper personal evaluation and advise.

Hope I have answered your query.