Done haemogram test. What do the abnormal readings mean?

I am XXXXXXX Age 29 from Pune.
My Haemogram test results shows following abnormal readings..
Neutorphil 46%
RBC Cout 4.19mil./cmm
MCV 98.3fl
MCHC 33.7pg
PDW 9.6fl
What does it means?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 45 minutes later

I will describe the values one at a time.

Neutrophils of 46 %: is slightly lower than normal. Neutrophils are a type of white blood cells that fight infection, particularly bacteria and fungi.
RBC count is red blood cell count. It is lower than normal for a male. It can suggest anemia. To find the cause I need to know the rest of the report. If the rest of the report is normal than I will not worry about it.
MCV is mean corpuscular volume. It is in normal range
MCHC is platelet distribution width. I need to know the reference range this laboratory is using for this parameter.

Your report looks normal to me. Again I need to correlate this report with your history and the rest of the report to be better able to advice you.

You can send me the whole report at
with subject (attn: Dr Vaishalee Punj)

Dr Vaishalee Punj