Done blood work. Does the lab work look normal? Does CT show abnormality in abdomen?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i had lab work done today and they are attached. Please view.

Does the lab work look normal and the CT? The CT I thought was of the abdomen but it says something differernt. Would they have caught any bad things that I may have like masses etc in the abdomen on the liver, panceras, gallballder etc
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 31 hours later

I have reviewed your laboratory and radiology reports.

All your biochemical results are within normal limits.

Your imaging report does not reveal any abnormality requiring surgical intervention.

You need not worry at all.
Follow-up: Done blood work. Does the lab work look normal? Does CT show abnormality in abdomen? 6 hours later
For the last 3-4 days I have been having a constant pain in my back between my shoulder blades as well. It can get worse with the consumption of certain foods.
It will also sometime radiate to the front of the chest. Also when I eat it feels as if the food just sits in my throat.

In 2008 I had an Upper Endoscopy. At that time I was diagnosed with GERD and Hiatus hernia. Could this be the cause of what is going on now?

Could something bad have formed between 2008 and now that requires immediate attention? Like any bad cancers or do they not grow that fast?

This just happened in the last 4 days or so and came out of no where. It hasnt been going on that long at all.

I am 34 as well.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 20 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

If the pain is radiating to the back and the front of the chest, then the most probable cause could be Gastroesophageal reflux disease. I would suggest that you get a endoscopy done to assess the exact cause.
It is unlikely that you have cancer as cancer of the esophagus is a disease of the elderly and is not a very common issue. Pancreatic cancer would commonly cause loss of appetite, weight loss, jaundice apart from the pain.
If the upper gastrointestinal endoscopy is normal, then a double contrast computerised tomography scan (CT scan) of the full abdomen would be required.
The scan which was done for you is a CT urogram which is unlikely to pick up upper abdominal problems like a hiatus hernia, gall stones or a pancreatic problem.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
I will be available for follow up queries. Please close this discussion if you have no more questions.