Done blood test, shows leucocytosis with thrombocytosis, ESR and globulin level high. Whom should I consult?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I am 34yrs old female. Today I casually went for general health check thru a laboratory. In results my WBC observed value is 0000(normal range is 4000-0000/cmm), platelet count is 473(150-400 thou/cmm). Impression reads as Leucocytosis with thrombocytosis - for clinical correlation.
Also my ESR is 23(< 20mm) globulin (serum/calculation) is 3.7(2.3-3.5 gm/dl
In urine routine examination result is leucocytes levels are at 5-6/hpf, R B Cs at 6-8/hpf and epithelial cells at 2-3/hpf. Can I get a guidance on what could be the problem in these observation levels as I see only above mentioned values are beyond normal range. Also guide me on should I consult a specialist or general physician?
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
I have gone through your reports and the following can be concluded from them,
1.The leucocytosis , high ESR and thrombocytosis could most probably be due to an underlying infection , inflammation or allergy.
2. The urine picture could be due to a possible symptoms like painful, burning or frequent urination .
3. Your lipid profile is deranged suggestive hyperlipidemia ( increased cholesterol ) and fasting blood glucose levels are mildly raised increasing the risk of development of diabetes in future.Liver profile doesn't seem worrisome ( s. globulin)
I understand your concern as you have no symptoms at present but your reports do suggest a minor problem , most probably a urinary tract inflammation or infection and hyperlipidemia .
For the treatment it's advisable to consult a specialist of XXXXXXX medicine ( MD physician) who can further evaluate your clinical history , confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate treatment .
Please do not worry as the situation at present is not worrisome but only a warning that you might suffer from further problems if the exact diagnosis is not confirmed and treated.
So relax and consult your doctor . It is very likely that your reports will soon be normalized after appropriate antibiotic and lipid lowering medicines.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.