Done HIV blood test. Confused about ranges. Can you please help clarify?

Hello! I just got my HIV blood test results back. It said non reactive 0.280. However, I am confused as the ranges said that anything below 0.90 was non reactive. borderline was 0.90 to 1 and reactive was 1 or above. How is 0.280 non reactive in this case??? Isn't 0.280 more than 0.90 and thus should be borderline? My doctor gave me the results and said I was fine and nothing to worry about and that a follow up test was not needed. Can you please help clarify as I do not understand. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
I have seen the report attached with this query. The result of 0.280 is less than the given range .90 as you can read 0.90 as 0.900 also. Your test is non reactive and you are safe. There is nothing to worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.