Doing weight lifting in gym. Want to take protein shake. Any side effect?

I am doing moderate workout and lifting moderate wight for muscle toning up and gaining bit weight.My height is 5ft 8 inches and i weight around 61.5 kgs.I have been asked to increase the intake of protein .As of now I eat lot of pulses and 3 egg whites in a day.In fruits I have an XXXXXXX and kind of mix of other fruits in a day.
Shall i go with some protein shakes apart from it say like threptin biscuits.I have bit acidity issue so taking these protein products wont cause any side effect right?
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Contrary to your thinking, protein may help solve your heartburn problems as long as you choose the foods carefully and don't consume high-fat products, which can have the opposite effect. 

A normal person daily requirement of protein is .8 mg per kg of body weight while a person who is doing active sports or exercises require around 1.2 to 1.4 mg per kg body weight.
So essentially you require just .4 mg per kg of body as extra protein than what a person takes normally. This means just around 25gms protein extra in a day.

Therefore, my suggestion is that you can modify our diet accordingly by looking at various protein items like
100 gm of chicken has 33gm  protein.
100 gms of tuna or salmon fish has 26 gm protein.
100 gms of low fat cheese has 26 gm
100 gm tofu has 7 gm
100 gms of soya beans have 17 gm
One egg white has 4 gm 
And so can check the list yourself.

THREPTIN biscuits have low protein; but can be taken.
You may choose from various protein shakes available in market.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Follow-up: Doing weight lifting in gym. Want to take protein shake. Any side effect? 47 minutes later

Thanks for the assistance.
I do not have any heart burn problem as such.

Anyways can you please suggest some protein shakes which would be ok to take ?
I belive protinex too has very small protienn content,anything part from this?

Should mass gainer which also has high protein(keratin) etc be avoided.

Does fresh curd has good protein content?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later
I can recommend a protein shake which comes with the name RESOURCE.
It has very good concentration of protein in it.
Avoid mass gainer.
Fresh curd has 6 gms of protein in 100 gms of curd.