Doing follicular study. What are the chances of conceiving? How can the issue of multiple small follicules be corrected?

Question
9th day of follicular study suggested RT 13 mm and LT msf and Endometrium 7.2 mm and 12th day RT 18.5 mm and RT msf and Endometrium 8 mm. How much chances are there for concieving? How to get corrected the issue of msf
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Your follicular study is suggestive of formation of a dominant follicle in right ovary in this cycle. The left ovary is showing multiple small follicles. In every cycle, only one ovary releases an egg and mostly a dominant follicle is formed in one ovary only.
The finding of multiple small follicles in only one ovary is not worrisome.
The dominant follicle in one ovary and its successful rupture is sufficient to have a successful pregnancy.
The following measures will improve your chances of conceiving:
a. Have unprotected sexual intercourse especially during days 10-18. The frequency should be atleast on alternate days.
b. Have a healthy, balanced diet
c. Practice yoga and meditation to ensure you remain stress free

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Doing follicular study. What are the chances of conceiving? How can the issue of multiple small follicules be corrected? 36 hours later
13th day of follicular study suggested RT 21 mm and LT msf and Endometrium 8.3 mm and now my question is at what size do follicles rupture?

thanq.....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
A mature follicle is more than 20MM in size. Your dominant follicle in right ovary is of 21 MM size and can rupture anytime now. Usually inj. HCG is given at the follicular size of 18mm and the follicle ruptures after around 38 hours of injection when it reaches a size of 20-22mm.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.