Does weird itching sensation with no blisters and ulcers cause herpes?

Maybe you can help me out. I was wondering. I have had this weird itch that happens more so at work rather then at home. So sometimes I have it And sometimes I don't. The last two times I went into see the doctor they said it doesn't sound like anything serious, however, it's been going on for almost two months...where the itch is on And off. If it were herpes wouldn't there be more then just an itch or can you have an itch without any blisters And ulcers? Also the last two times I went into see the doctors they said they wouldn't do a blood test to check that looks concerning. Now I'm wondering if they won't do a blood test because there's no symptoms then how do I really know whether I have herpes or not? for herpes because they don't see anything And if I'm in a relationship how am I going to know if I'm really clean ad far as h a bloodaving no herpes if I can't get a blood test done to see.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 days later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Don't worry it's not herpes. Herpes won't stay for 2 months and won't be on and off. Probably you are suffering from a condition called as urticaria. It presents with on and off itch and can be treated with anti histamine like cetrizine. Blood test is not required and you can go for relationship safely. Let me know if you have any doubts. thank you .