Does transfusion of blood from a young person to an older person help?

Does transfusion of blood from a young person to an older person help? My dad is old and Id like to know if this helps. Ive heard it helps the brain in producing new neurons and the blood from a younger body gives a somewhat rejuvenating effect.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 4 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Normally blood transfusion are indicated when person has severe bleeding, hypervolemia, uncontrolled hemorrhage, post-surgical intervention, etc. Blood transfusion in healthy person or in those with asymptomatic anemia remains a controversial topic. If your father want to boost his immunity, starting regeneration mechanism in his body he must try another methods and measures, such natural herbs: ginseng, ashvaganda,honey, fresh fruits and vegetables juices, microelements and vitamins supplements, fresh fish eggs ( caviar ), vegetable sprout, swimming, daily fresh air and sun, walking on the seaside, etc. All these above mentioned measures will restart regeneration process in his organism and he definitely will feel much better.
I wish you and your father good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,