Does too much masturbation cause infertility?

Does too much masturbation causes infertility? I am 25 years old. I have been masturbating quiet a lot for the last 3 year. May be 3 time a week. I have heard that too much masturbation can make you permanently infertile. Is this true? I have exams these days and I have been masturbating quiet a lot may be 4 time a week now.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later

Masturbating 3 - 4 times a week will not cause permanent infertility. Once you masturbate the amount of semen for the next 3-4 days will be reduced and also the sperm count. That is temporary. After 4-5 days of rest you will get the same quantity of semen with good number of sperms.
So need not to worry about permanent infertility.

If you're using it to de-stress, you could consider other options like spending a little time with others or exercising may also be a good idea.

I hope this answers your query.

All the best for your exams.

Dr. Vidya KR