Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism??

I recently had lab work done. My t3 Free is 10.8, my t4 is 3.0, and my tsh is <0.01 My doctor is referring me to an endocrinologist, but he has my diagnosis listed as hypothyroidism. Everything i've read says hyper?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hyperthyroidism likely Detailed Answer: You are does appear to be more like an over active thyroid. There may be an inadvertent typo by the doctor. I would like you to take a look at your lab results and let me know the normal ranges for the T4 and free T4. Are you sure your T4 was 3 and free T 4 10.8 , or is it the other way around? You seem to have classic symptoms of hyperthyroidism. I hope you see an endocrinologist soon
Follow-up: Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism?? 9 minutes later
The T3 - Free range is 1.8- 3.8 and is definitely 10.8 HIGH on the lab results page The Free T4 range is 0.75 - 1.54 and is definitely 3.0 HIGH Thyroid Stimulating Hormone rand is .50 - 6.00 and mines <0.01 LOW I also had 3.8 WBC 74.9 MCV 26.9 MCH 14.4 Monocytes 1.8 Neutrophils 109 Chrloride 29 HDL
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hyperthyroidism Detailed Answer: You accidentally omitted the word 'free' in front of the 't4' which made me suspect a typo. Total and free values for thyroid hormones like T3 and T4 have considerable importance. That is why I am glad we clarified the matter. You certainly have hyperthyroidism. Kindly seek prompt treatment from a thyroid expert