Does third time recurrance of Hepatitis B cause death?

I had suffered from Hepatitis B twice , i have read in some of the internet postings which states that third time Hepatitis B attack will cause death and no remedy for it. Not sure whether this is true or not. Second thing is that I have heard people saying that eating betel nut will cause Hepatitis B. I eat betel nut a tea spoon daily after dinner, shoud I stop eating betel nut???? also I have smoking habit (2 cigarettes a day). Will smoking cause Hepatitis B because I have heard people saying smoking also causes Hepatitis B.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: Not true Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. No, its not true that third time hepatitis causes death. Also beetle nut does not cause hepatitis, though avoiding it is a better option and healthy too. Smoking too does nt cause hepatitis but can worsen the existing conditions. Do try and stop beetle nut chewing and smoking. Wish you good health. Regards,