Does the tablet Rosavel cause pigmentation?

Hi! Dear Doctor, i have cholestrol problem and it is heridetery. I have been asked to take "Rosavel" 20 mg. Does this tablets also has a side effect of Pigmentation. I have seen many persons having Pigmentation as they were having Heart problem and taking Medicines?My Age is 30 Year and weight is 72 kgs. Height is 5'7" Rgds XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 31 minutes later

This tablet does not have any effect of pigmentation.Your observation may be relevant but there are many reasons for hyper pigmentation.

This could be termed as co incidence.You are a candidate for statins therapy as you are having cholesterol problem and having a strong family history of cardiac disease in the family.

Your are quite young so please take care apart from taking drugs. Please watch for other things like your weight,diet etc.

Apart from drugs please go for regular exercise to lower your cholesterol.

Keep follow up with your doctor on regular basis,you need some regular monitoring of liver enzymes when you are taking anti cholesterol drugs.Other than this please discuss with your doctor about other precautions that you need to have during the treatment.The dose given to you is in higher range, make sure you have got this from a qualified physician.

Please avoid alcohol and tobacco in any form.

I hope this answers your query, I will be available for follow up queries.