Does the life expectancy increases after chemotherapy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Can you tell me if a person ages more than you really after chemotherapy?
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 8 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Chemotherapeutic agents used for various cancers do have deleterious side effects on various cells of the body. These may include hormonal systems and even energy producing systems. As a result there is a feeling of aging or increasing tiredness. However once the agents are stopped the effects do get reversed but the time frame is variable. Note that all changes are not reversible. Regular exercise, yoga , nutritious food and vitamin supplements can helkp regain the lost vitality of the body tissues.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards