Does swimming post a heavy meal lead to constipation with severe stomach pain ?

Last week I ate a heavy meal then went into the pool to do aerobics. The nect night I had extrerme stomach pain all the way to lower abdomen. It went awayb in the morning but am now constipated and the pain comesback if I eat a larger meal? the stomoach pain is right in the center about 2 inches below where the center of my ribcage is
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Follow-up: Does swimming post a heavy meal lead to constipation with severe stomach pain ? 3 minutes later
I am passing a lot of gas but no bowel movements. I am also having indegestion an burping, the gas will cause the pain to flow from stomach to the sides of my boy and to the back. I fell sore like have have a hard workout
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

The pain abdomen after a heavy meal is most likely due to indigestion and excessive gas.

Do not exercise, swim or take bath after heavy meal.But you can go for a walk.

Constipation has also added to your problem.

The pain just below the center of your rib cage is most likely due to gastritis.

Medical treatment includes antacids like tums, laxatives and pepto bismol for indigestion. Some digestive enzymes or anti flatulents will also help you.

The main factors responsible for indigestion are-
2. Eating hurriedly without chewing properly.
3.Food allergies like beans, onions, etc.
4.Lack of exercise.
5. Improperly cooked food.

Try to avoid all these causative factors.
Avoid alcohol, drinking carbonated beverages or eating while stressed, since all of these can just worsen the problems.
Stop smoking and lose weight if you need to.

•     For heart burn- Eat papaya.(contains an enzyme called papain), XXXXXXX cider vinegar, eating an ounce of almonds, etc will help.
•     For treatment of indigestion- Pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, grapes, etc may be taken after every meal for relief.Otherwise take antacids and digestive enzymes on regular basis for relief.

If these measures do not produce relief, then you need to consult your physician for a detailed examination, ultrasound and other related tests to exclude other organic causes of pain.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.