Does sural nerve surgery cause numbness in the sides of foot?

Nov 2013

would I have numbness in my foot on the side and my toes if I have the sural nerve surgery?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Yes, there is a small risk of developing numbness pn the sides of foot, if you have the aural nerve surgery. This is because the aural nerve supplies sensations to the outer aspect of foot. You could also read my research paper on aural nerve biopsy published in the journal Neurology India. The link is given below. WWW.WWWW.WW I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: