Does standing in a particular way cause a fungal infection like athlete's foot?

Can the way I stand cause me to get athlete's foot in only one area of my right foot? the reason I ask is because I only seem to get athlete's foot once or twice a year since the year 2000 between my pinky toe on my right foot since I had ACL/Meniscus surgery in 1996. My knee never straightened out completely since the surgery and I have had this bothersome reoccurrence of athlete's foot in the one formentioned area of my right foot. I had surgery on this area of my foot on 08/22/2012 because it got infected with cellulitis. My foot has since healed and has an ugly scar now.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Standing in a particular way is not likely to cause a fungal infection like Athlete's foot.
The cause of recurrence is commonly due to an incomplete treatment, resistance to drugs, lowered body immunity in conditions like diabetes, etc. All these causes need to be ruled out after proper investigations. Keeping the area clean and taking Vitamin C supplements will help in building up your immunity.
To avoid such recurrence, you can go for a culture sensitivity of the skin scrapings and start with the specific antifungal medicine orally after consulting your dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.