Does smoking cause elevated cea level?

will my cea level definately come back elevated because I smoke. I have not been feeling well lately and even though all the regular blood work has come back normal the doc ordered more blood work to check my hormone levels and a cea level. I did not tell my new doc that I am a social smoker and now I read that the cea levels are elevated in smokers. Are they always elevated?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
One of the causes of raised CEA levels is smoking. But smoking is not always associated with raised CEA levels. Since you are only a social smoker, the chances of having a raised CEA levels are low.
You will have to wait for the results to know the effect of smoking on your CEA levels.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.