Does slimy vaginal discharge be symptom of pregnancy and what is the ideal time for a pregnancy test?

Hello doc i had intercourse on 12,13 and 18th of this month . We are using lubic jelly as per my GYN recommendation for smooth and painless intercourse . However on 18th some of the fluid leaked in but no sperm was ejaculated . when i went to pee after a gap of 20 mins i noticed a kind of slimy discharge, kind of which was stretching between fingers . what does it mean ? What are my chances of pregnancy and when is the ideal time to test ? My period cycles vary monthly so difficult to pinpoint my fertile days ? Kindly guide me
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: The discharge is most likely lubic jelly Detailed Answer: Hello Surpriya, The slimy discharge stretching between your fingers was most likely the lubic jelly that you used for lubrication. Since you say that no sperm was ejaculated, the chances of pregnancy are less. The ideal time to test is a week after missing your period. Or a week, after your expected date of periods. If you do not know your expected date of period, you can roughly wait for around 45 days from your last period. You can use a ovulation predictor kit to know your fertile days. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Follow-up: Does slimy vaginal discharge be symptom of pregnancy and what is the ideal time for a pregnancy test? 52 minutes later
Thanks for the clarification doctor Would also like to know if low back pain after intercourse is common . I am using a pillow on my back during the time . Kindly suggest what else remedies i can follow to reduce back pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are following the right measure Detailed Answer: hello XXXXXXX You are following the right practice of using pillow under your back during intercourse. Please continue that. Simple measures like erect and correct back posture, back stretching exercises, adequate rest of the back can prevent and reduce the attacks of back pain. If there is an organic cause for the back pain, that need to be treated. Else, these measures would suffice. Take adequate intake of calcium as well. Wish you good health. Regards,