Does silymarin/milk thistle be helpful in making hangovers better?

hi! just want to ask, does silymarin/milk thistle help in making hangovers better? what can i drink / do to lessen hangovers?
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcarmagic.

Thank you for writing to us.

Yes sir, silymarin has shown to beneficial as it promotes and quickens the elimination of toxins after heavy drinking and is thus considered a good hangover remedy.

Other remedies include:
-Burnt toast
-Health drinks
-Black coffee
-Painkillers (eg. tylenol, advil, etc.)
-Fruits or fruit juices
-Soups (eg. bouillon, chicken soup, etc.)

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your hangover. Also, if you are asking for future reference, then eating oily/fried food can also help by coating the stomach with oil, thus preventing the absorption of alcohol and preventing hangovers.