Does severe headache,fatigue and tooth pain without fever be symptoms of typhoid?

Nephrologist
Question
Hi sir....this is XXXXXXX XXXX from chennai. last 10 days i was feeling very tired and lost interest in work...and oneday i got severe headche in the night. I had also tooth pain at the same time... Though there was no fever, but i went for blood test and the report was as follows: 1- S.Typhi-H- Positive in 1 in 160 dilution 2- S typhi-O- Positive in 1 in 160 dilution 3- P Typhi- "AH": Negative in 1 in 20 dilution 4- P. TYphi- "BH": Negative in 1 in 20 dilution.. They said it is TYphoid....But the doctor said as i didnt have fever, it is not typhoid, have given medicines for viral infection..kindly suggest
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Further work up required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Your doctor is right about the blood tests even though it indicates typhoid it cannot be so as you do not have fever or any Gastro intestinal symptoms. However for your constitutional symptoms I would like to know a few more details 1. Are you sleeping well at night ? is it adequate ? 2. How is your appetite ? 3. Do you have a constant feeling of indigestion ? 4. Have you undergone any master health check up lately ? 5. How often do you consume alcohol? 6. Any triggers of stress in the family or at work? Please get back to me. I am awaiting your reply Regards

Follow-up: Does severe headache,fatigue and tooth pain without fever be symptoms of typhoid? 8 minutes later
1. Are you sleeping well at night ? is it adequate ? No Sound sleep 2. How is your appetite ? Normally dont feel hungry 3. Do you have a constant feeling of indigestion ? yes very much 4. Have you undergone any master health check up lately ? no 5. How often do you consume alcohol? Not at all 6. Any triggers of stress in the family or at work? Yes there is stress at family and at work too

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Lifestyle modification required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for getting back to me I would like to suggest a few lifestyle modification as you are not getting good sleep, food, digestion and also you are stressed out. These might be causing the tiredness. 1. First things first the tooth ache has caused the headache, please visit a dentist to see if there is an exposed nerve root. Tab Combiflam is a wonderful drug for this type of pains, it can be taken once daily for not more than 3 days 2. For good quality sleep, I suggest you have dinner 2 hours before falling asleep, read a novel or a magazine in a dim lit room on the bed. Do not watch tv before sleeping. Make sure there is not clutter on the bed and the room is quiet and dark. If I were your physician I would give Tab Zolpidem for 3 to 5 days to regularize the sleep rhythm 3. I suggest you take Tab Pantoprazole with domperidone once daily for 15 days before food for improving appetite and to improve digestion. 4. Please do undergo a master health check up as soon as possible as you are fast approaching middle age. There might be a few health issues which can be tackled early 5. To reduce stress level I strongly recommend XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ravishankar's free mediation classes online. A short vacation can also help I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards