Does scalp not go down much due to skull? How thick is our scalp?

Dear Doctor,

I'm sorry for this very strange question, but I need an answer. It's not a complicated question at all.
Thank you very much.

Even if i press my scalp hard it doesn't go in more than 1-2mm (or not even that). When it feels hard and doesn't go in is it because of the skull? How thick is our scalp? When I pinch the scalp areas i cannot hold or grab much skin unlike other parts of the body. Is it because skull is right under it?

If I were to minus the thickness of my scalp from my overall height, would it be correct to minus about 2mm if I press my head hard and it goes in only about 2mm? Would it be too much to minus about 4mm?

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is not possible to pinch the scalp. Only lower part, near the occipital part there is chance the you can succeed.

It is approximately 2 to 3 mm in size. Beneath the scalp there is hard skull so when you press you can not go more than 2 to 3 mm.

When one speaks about height it includes from head (SCALP) to toe, not from skull.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.