Does purple dry spots on left side of body result in any infection?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I have had these dark purpleish dry spots on my skin that itch from time to time. They feel very dry and feel like they could have some scabbing. They haven't changed too much, but no amount of lotion or oil gets rid of the dryness. Its only on the left side of my body, from my buttocks, lower back to one spot on the middle of my back to a spot on my upper back. Again they don't itch all the time, and don't seem to be spreading. Thoughts?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photographs. It appears you are suffering from a condition called as lichen planus. It is an auto immune disorder and keeps recurring The treatment is with steroids. you can apply a mixture of clobetasol and salicylic acid. Also take an anti histamine tablet like cetrizine when you have itch. This will help you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you.

Follow-up: Does purple dry spots on left side of body result in any infection? 22 minutes later
what are the chances of it being caused by Hepatitis C? Any other symptoms I should look for? Anything else that I should be worried about? From what I read it seems as though this disorder is pretty manageable. Anything else that I should know?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello No it it not caused by hepatitis c virus. Yes you are true , it is easily manageable. Just you need to apply steroid cream. It will never affect your vital organs. Please don't worry. soon you will be relieved. Thank you