Does parkinson's cause bad posture

Mother-in-law has been diagnosed with parkinson's and her posture is extremely severely bad. The P.T. is working with her on this but it seems to be a lost cause. Is Parkinson's the cause of this problem? She also has very bad balance and falls easily. She's 90 also had Alzheimer's and COPD.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. Due to parkinson's. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The symptoms your mother in law is having are related to parkinson's disease. This is an age related degenerative disease of the brain. There is difficulty in walking, difficulty in keeping clean, changing clothes; poor memory; improper balance etc. You will need to get her examined by a Neurologist for proper treatment. Keep her well nourished with diet rich in proteins, fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Keep her well hydrated as well which is extremely important for aged persons. Prevent accidents for her as much as possible, do help her around the house when you can. Avoid pointing it out that she could be wrong or has misunderstood as this can contribute to depressive feelings in her. She will need your support most of all. Do help her out as much as possible. Do not delay in taking her to the Doctor and getting her a complete evaluation. There are good medication to retard the progression of Parkinson's disease to an extent which will help her be functional to an acceptable degree. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL