Ask a Urologist   »  

Does novolexin 500mg pill help in UTI?

May 2013
I have novolexin 500mg pills - will this help my uti? I don't get them often, maybe once a year-usually after using a new form of birth control-we switched condom brands two nights ago-I'm thinking that's probably why I am starting to hurt. I just relocated provinces so I don't have health coverage yet. I had these pills left over from another infection-the dr gave me two rounds but it worked in one-he told me to hold on to them. Should I take them for this and if yes, how long do you re commend I take them? I have at least 30 pills. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

You can use novolexin 500mg twice a day for 5 days to treat the urinary tract infection.
Better option is undergoing culture and sensitivity of urine and taking treatment accordingly.
But as you are telling that you are not having health coverage you can use the tablets.
Along with that you have to drink plenty of water at least 3 lit per day.
Better to pass urine once in 2 to 3 hours and avoid full bladder for prolonged periods.
Take nutritious diet.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.