Does negative result of HIV tests after 7 weeks of exposure rule out possibility of positive HIV in future?

hi , I had a hiv blood test done at my doctors office 7 weeks after exposure. (51) days exactly ,and one week later they called and said it was negative. Im not sure what kind of blood test so im hoping it is a current method. The dr is in southern California and part of a large group. They also did my cbc which came back normal. Today I took a oraquick saliva test at home and was negative , 10 weeks exactly post exposure. I know im supposed to wait 3 months but I was wondering what you thought about my status?? Ive been really scared and nervous.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Western Blot technique Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You are right about the window period being 3 months and it is possible to have false negative values until then. However if you are eager to get the results then you can get a HIV test done through western blot technique instead of the ELISA which is usually done. Another test would be to get a HIV RNA viral load. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards