Does negative HIV report after a blood tranfusion ascertion that I am HIV free?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi , i have Got blodtransfuion in Denmark and i was very afried to get hiv from the blod so i make a antiboddy and antigen and rna test a week after and it was all negativ is that okay and are i hiv freeeeee ????? Sorry abuot ny english tanks
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Screened blood transfusion has less risk for HIV. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern about blood transfusion and HIV infection. 1. In Denmark the blood transfusion would be definitely after screening for diseases transmitted through blood transfusion. In many developed countries blood screening also includes an antigen detecting test, so you need not worry about HIV. Antigen test can pick up the disease during window period itself. 2. You, yourself had tested for HIV with Antigen test and RNA PCR test which are sensitive from 72 hours on wards after the transfusion. These negative tests for HIV ascertain that you are HIV free. So you need not worry about HIV. But HIV Antigen tests becomes more conclusive after 3-4 weeks of blood transfusion. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Does negative HIV report after a blood tranfusion ascertion that I am HIV free? 22 minutes later
Thank you verry much ! But i dont want to make a new test becus i am afried , i want only to know if this tests i have taek is good , and i am hiv free ???? Plz hlep me becuse i was afried to have sex whit my husband !!!! If there was hiv the antigen test will find it becus it was blodtranfuion ????thank you verry much
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antigen test reliability becomes 100% after 4weeks Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. HIV antigen tests are more specific and highly reliable. But the reliability becomes 100% after the risk. The risk for HIV in your case is negligible as the incidence of HIV transmission through tested or screened blood transfusion is remote. Only after the Antigen test done after 4 weeks is negative we can say that you are HIV free beyond any doubt (100%). I think you got my point. DR S.Murugan
Follow-up: Does negative HIV report after a blood tranfusion ascertion that I am HIV free? 23 minutes later
Plz dont tell me scarry things ! This you can see now whit the antigen test is that i am hiv FREEE
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: HIV risk for you is very Negligible. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. Still I am sure that your risk for HIV is negligible. But as a clinician and as an expert I have to tell the theoretical facts. That is all. You are almost HIV free only. Dr S.Murugan