Does lipoma on left bicep cause soreness and reddish skin?

I have what I think is a lipoma on my left bicep. I've had it for about a year, no pain, growing but only slightly. Yesterday it all of a sudden became very sore, slightly swollen and reddish. Could this be infected? Does this usually resolve on its own? I uploaded a picture . Thanks
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. I can see there is redness on the skin and it appears to be deep seated. It can be lipoma which has got infected. You need to take oral antibiotics. It may not resolve on its own. Best will be third generation cefalosporins like tablet cefixime. Also take an anti inflammatory tablet like combiflam. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you