Does inositol hexophosphate lower ferritin levels?

does ip-6, which is also called inositol hexophosphate lower ferritin levels?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No eveidence based clinical research for IP-6

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

IP-6 is not used as drug but it is marketed as dietary supplement in USA. So, it is not approved by FDA. That is the reason we do not have proper evidence based clinical research studies about it's side effects and interactions.

However, there is some literature evidence that it may reduce the individual's ability to absorb minerals like iron which may result in lower ferritin levels.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!