Does frequent sperm ejaculation of men reduce the sperm effectiveness?

Question
Does frequent sprerm ejaculation of men (sex and/or maturbation) reduce the sperm effectiveness. Will this result in less chances of child birth
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The frequent sperm ejaculations can decrease the sperm count temporarily but if the frequency of masturbation is restricted, then the count returns to normal.
There are no long term detrimental effects of masturbation on the sperm count or quality. It does not decrease the possibility of fathering a child.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Does frequent sperm ejaculation of men reduce the sperm effectiveness? 1 hour later
Thanks for the quick answer. The given revert says that "if the frequency of masturbation is restricted, then the count returns to normal". May i know as to how many hours/days its takes for the count to return to normality.

Apart from fathering a child does this (frequent sex) have side effects like reduction in energy or any other bone or nerve problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If the frequency of ejaculations is restricted to thrice a week then the count returns to normal in 3 months.
There is no side effect like reduction in energy or bone or nerve related problems.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.