Does excessive use of computer cause irregular heart beats?

Hello Dr I was wondering if having a BP of 135/92 then a few mins later 125/78 is ok my BP tends to fluctuate alot even when I am sitting still I do have anxiety from time to time ,also can too much computer use cause irregular heart beats like PVC..I also feel sometimes like my heart is beating very hard but my pulse is normal 72 is there a concern for that thank you .
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Blood pressure keeps varying. Its normal. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Having two readings of blood pressure with some variation is perfectly normal. Blood pressure keeps varying depending on exertion, change in position and emotional changes and also time of the day. And both your readings are not alarming, the systolic blood pressure (The higher number in both readings) loos to be leaning towards being elevated persistently. Get your blood pressure checked about thrice a week by a doctor to rule out hypertension. Too much computer use does not cause irregular heartbeats. Feeling of heart beating very hard is called palpitations and this awareness of your heart beating can happen when you are emotionally stressed or if you have any irregularity in the rhythm of your heart beat. I suggest you to consult a cardiologist once and get a ECG done to rule out the same. Hope this answers your query. Wishing you good health. Regards.
Follow-up: Does excessive use of computer cause irregular heart beats? 34 minutes later
Thank you for your answer I did have a 12 second EKG done and it did show that I have PVCS ...Dr said he did not think it was too serious but since then I have noticed my heart beating hard several times at day maybe for 20 mins or so I did check my pulse when this occurs and it is around 90 BPM Is this associated with the PVCS or is it a different type of palpitations....the PVC I can feel when they happen thank you.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 18 hours later
Brief Answer: PVCs not serious. Palpitation is because of PVCs Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back to me with further details. PVCs are by themselves not serious and do not cause any problem other than palpitations. However you need to keep an eye out for any new development of racing heart, or syncope(Fainting episodes), palpitations that persist. (0 beats per minute is within normal limits, but PVCs seem to be the cause for this elevation in heart beat. Schedule regular visits once in 6 months with your cardiologist to follow up on PVCs to make sure that it is not changing into something sinister like ventricular tachycardia. Hope this answers your queries, but if you have any more doubts, you are most welcome to ask me. Be healthy. Regards.