Does durian fruit help in conceiving?

good evening doctor! Thank you!

Almost 7 yrs have completed, my daugher is still not blessed a kid. The couple have under went different types of treatments - alopahty, homeopathy, naturopathy, ayurveda...etc...etc. now very tired to spend money. One of the frineds of my son-in-law has given him a fruit called durian and has advised my daughter to eat to get it advisable..? if so, how much she can consume in a day..? (the friend has advised here take patthiya sappadu means low salt, low sour etc...Please help us! Thank you! XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 32 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Your daughter is still young so she can try for one more IVF procedure but in the best hands.There are advanced techniques for low sperm count like micromanipulation ,ICSI etc.I understand the trauma of three failed IVF cycles but one should not loose the hope.As far as the durian fruit is concerned I am not aware of it's fertility aspects but it is thorny like custard XXXXXXX in India or 'kat_hal'.Durian is found in Indonesia and it is a thorny fruit having high sugar content and pungent odour.It can be taken in the form of shake or ice cream.Low salt is always good as it controls the weight gain which in turn helps in fertility.
Best wishes for your daughter
Any further query is most welcome