Does drinking affect my enzyme levels?

Apr 2014

I have a blood test on Monday, I stopped drinking about 34 days ago. I'm not a chronic drinker ! Will my enzyme levels be within normal limits ?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal findings are expected in occasional drinker Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us Enzyme level depend upon many things like lifestyle,infection,addiction etc. It is very difficult to say but history of drinking affects liver.It is important to know about how long and how much you used to drink. Don't worry.You are occasional drinker and it is expected to have almost normal findings. It is good that you have stopped drinking and you should never try it again. It is not good for health at all. Initial abnormalities are reversible stage so you should be cautious. You should be active in daily life.You should do exercise and walking. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX