Does deformed plastic on meat cause stomach problems?

I was cooking hamburgers and when I defrosted the beef mince in the microwave the plastic that the meat came in from the store had deformed and melted around the sides and without thinking I cooked the meat anyway. My girlfriend now has bad stomach pains and feels like she is going to throw up. Did the plastic release harmful things into the meat? Should I be worried and take her to the doctor asap?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Folowup Detailed Answer: Hello and thanks for the question. While the plastic may have contaminated the meat, any harm would likely be minimal. I would encourage gradual hydration over the course of the next 24 hours. If pain worsens over the next 4 to 6 hours would recommend you bring her for an evaluation. If discomfort is persistent might try some Maalox or Pepto Bismol - or a store brand equivalent. If nausea, vomiting, fever or chills develop - that would also be an indication to bring her in. try and help her relax and not worry to much as well - that kind of stress can make this even worse. Thanks again for the query. sincerely, Dr Galamaga