Does dandruff cause hair loss. How to treat this?

I have some dandruff problem in my hair
As well as I am also suffering from hair loss.
Do dandruff causing the hair loss?

How can I treat the same?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

I can understand your concern.

If you are getting constant hair fall, its time to just check a few levels in the blood by tests.

I would suggest that you XXXXXXX up with a dermatologist and he could call for blood tests for ferritin levels and vitamin B12 levels, tests for thyroid.

Dandruff can at times cause hair fall.

You need to use an anti dandruff shampoo like ciclopirox oleamine twice a week for two weeks.

Meanwhile you can take the follihair tablets, they contain biotin and is very helpful to control the hair fall.

Also you can get a prescription for minoxidil 2% lotion to be applied on the scalp.
That will also help in controlling the hair fall.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Hair fall has become a constant complaint for many individuals in this era of pollution and stress.It will help to take a good intake of green leafy vegetables and proteins in the diet.The hair fall sometimes follows any illness, pregnancy, stress etc.It usually subsides in 3 to 4 months.Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.