Does cortisone shots affect creatinine?

My grandmother has end stage renal disease, she doesn't want diaylsis Her doctor put her on a new blood pressure pill Clondinine 3 times a day. It is causing her to slur her words and see things that aren't there. She is also taking Benazephril 40 mg, Escitalopram 10 mg, Isosorbide Mono 30mg, Liothyronine 5 mg. Blood pressure isn't down. She was on Carvedilol 25 mg twice a day, but she reacted poorly to it so they changed it to Clondinine. She was on a combination of Benazephril 40 mg and Amplodinine Besylate and was fine for years. I need an alternative to Amplodinine that isn't a diuretic or Meteropol. Also can cortisone shots affect Creatinine ?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 22 hours later
Brief Answer: High blood pressure Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Sorry for the delay in response. A common association is benazepril with drugs as candesartan or olmesartan, but in your grandmother is not suitable because she suffers from kidney failure and their blood potassium levels could increase dangerously. A different option for your grandmother to amlodipine, carvedilol (or other beta-blockers) or the use of diuretics, would be Diltiazem 60 mg per day. In addition to regulating blood pressure, diltiazem would be beneficial for heart of your grandmother. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.