Does brief session of tingling or numbness on left side of lip and tongue are due to my stroke history?

Apr 2014

Over the past three days I have been experience brief sessions of tingling/numbess on left side of lips and tongue and also left index figure - it is quite mild and only last a few minutes each time, but seeing I had a stroke 7 years ago I am quite worried
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Tingling/numbness is not related to stroke. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM I don't think tingling/numbness is due to your stroke history. Even fresh stroke rarely causes tingling sensation.You had stroke 7 years back and you are fully recovered from it so it is not related at all. Tingling sensation over face may be due to stress,anxiety,nerve problem involving trigeminal nerve,exposure to cold air etc. Tingling sensation in limbs is an extremely common condition. It may be due to many reasons like idiopathic(cause not known),associated with various disease conditions like Diabetes mellitus,Hypothyrioidism,Vitamins deficiency (due to vitamin E,B1,B6,B12 and niacin),alcoholism etc. So you need proper clinical examination and investigations if symptoms are persistent.You can consult neurologist. Don't worry.Most likely you have benign causes for your problem. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX