Does breastfeeding have an effect on baby's color?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi doctor, I have 5 months infant she is getting darker day by day and I m using Johnson product and want to know do breastfeed affect the color of my baby, Plz help me regarding this to improve my baby color
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Color of the baby skin is not related to breastfeeding. Relax. You have to continue breast feeding as it is very much important for your baby's body and brain. XXXXXXX products are generally safe but may not suit to all babies . I would usually prescribe syndet soaps like tedibar for such babies in my clinic. Give him vitamin d3 drops and multivitamin drops too which could help . Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Does breastfeeding have an effect on baby's color? 3 hours later
Dr wen she was born she Was very much fair,wen I complained this to general physician he prescribed me oleamessa soap wat u say for this and my mother asked me to use saffron and cream to massage her body and which oil I should use for massage
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes you can Detailed Answer: You can use the soap your doctor has prescribed . You can use baby oil or olive oil for massage. But it is unlikely that oil massage will improve skin tone. Give her plenty of fruits and vegetables that might help in improving to some extent. Regards Dr Arun