Does aloe vera gel helps to get rid of a clogged colon?

Is there any way to rid the colon of clogging by aloe vera gel?
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Aloe vera gel is itself a laxative which helps in cleaning the colon. So it is not possible that aloe vera gel will clog the colon. In its high doses it will causes diarrhoea as a side effect.
The most possible reason for such feeling is that you have constipation which is not getting resolved with gel. So you need to consult board certified surgeon for clinical examination. If there is significant fullness of colon then few investigations like ultrasonography may be needed to rule out any other causes.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.